What is LAN
LAN is stands for local area network. A local area network is a group of computers and associated devices that share a common communications line or wireless link to a server. Typically, a LAN encompasses computers and peripherals connected to a server within a small geographic area such as an office building or home. Computers and other mobile devices can share resources such as a printer or network storage.
Say it simply, if you have a router, and you build a WIFI with it, you and your friends have connect to the WIFI, then, we say you have build a LAN, so, to build a LAN is very simple, everyone can do it.
What we can do on LAN
We can do many things on LAN, such as playing games, transport files, communicate, build a meeting.
- We can play games on LAN. A game such as DotA, is widely played by people, can play on LAN. You can join your friends togger in a WIFI LAN, playing it.
- Transfer files between computers. This way is widely used in companies, staffs can exchange files by setting a server on the LAN. On windows system, you can share files on LAN.
- Build a security testing or examination system. Many companies use LAN Exam Maker to build their examination, testing system on their security LAN, every staff at their company can take the test, exam, but others, which outside of the LAN, could not view anything of them.
Why use LAN
There are many reasons why prefer use LAN
- Security. LAN can make people outside it without access, No access means security, the hacks cann't connect to your servers, computers, they cann't access your data. And security is the most important thing of a company.
- Easy to build, even two computer can build a LAN.
- We can do many things on LAN.
The LAN Exam Maker is a LAN based examination, testing system, which enables you build a security, simple, powerful, multiple purpose tests, exams and assessments for students or employees, it is widely used by corporations, educational institutions and even users looking to create quizzes just for fun
Published Date：10:47am, October 11th, 2015